Password security

Gregory Woodbury redwolfe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:51:26 UTC 2015

This is just the latest symptom that Fedora and RedHat are showing of
a disease I call "beating Microsoft at their own game."

The main symptom is removing choice and forcing admins and users to do
things the way the company wants you to do it. "Things will LOOK this
way!  Things will WORK that way!"
It is as if someone has decided that Fedora / RedHat will be as simple
to install and use as Windows and will look as much like it as
possible.

If I wanted a locked down (and bug-ridden) OS for my computer I would
just go ahead and use Microsoft.
I choose Linux because I want choice, power and flexibility, and the
advantages that open source supplies.

In either case, a computing mono-culture is not advantageous for
anyone except the corporation(s) controlling that mono-culture.