High CPU on latest nightly

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:01:33 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
>> it's maybe not noticeable in a typical install,
>
> I have Core i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz with 4 cores (2 physical + hyperthreading). If I run netinst in KVM with 2 virtual CPUs attached (I assign 2 cores instead of 1 to speed up the installation), my host performance is *devastated*. I can hardly scroll a web page in Firefox. Opening any application takes 5-10 seconds. The longer the installation runs, the worse it gets. If I use Live instead of netinst, everything is smooth and fast. If I disable the spinner animation using that updates.img, it's again smooth.

That doesn't sound right ... even if the VM would use 100% *all the
time* it shouldn't have this kind of effects. How are you starting
your VM? Are you using virt-manager or qemu-kvm in a terminal? The
"the installation runs, the worse it gets. " does not make sense
either ... unless your system starts swapping ... how much memory does
your system have? Does it hit swap when you look at top?

Not saying we shouldn't fix it ... just can't make any sense of those symptoms.