DNF Migration Tasks

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 5 02:32:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 04:36:51PM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Mike Ruckman <roshi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Greetings fellow testers! At the last QA meeting [0] we decided to break
> > the bits from the migration overview [1] into manageable chunks. So I
> > did that, and they live here [2] on our trac instance. If you have some
> > time, take a look at the tickets and assign it to yourself if you're so
> > inclined.
> >
> > I just split out the relevant bits of the overview into tasks, and it
> > would be good to look over the resources we have for testing and mark
> > those in the ticket (that way others can help out with the ticket).
> >
> > Let me know if you have any questions either here on the list or in the
> > #fedora-qa channel on freenode.
>
> Is any of this made less urgent considering dnf-yum is pushed to Fedora 23?
>
> --
> Chris Murphy
> --

It takes some of the load off for sure, but the migration is still going
to happen for F23 - and it'll give us more time for testing before the
dnf-yum change lands. But all the other tools that are aiming to move to
dnf for F22 will still need testing.

So, yeah, I think it does make things a bit less urgent. But I don't
know exactly what that translates to in "testing time" saved. If that
makes sense.

--
// Mike