[Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Alpha Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:00:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 05:59:37 -0500, Joerg Lechner wrote:

> Hi,
> as I know dnf is also a command line tool, if I don't use a command line tool every day,
> I always have to use the man pages. In don't find a tool with similar features like YUM,
> for none experts in F22. The icon called "Software" in Gnome, has not sufficient features
> to do all, what was possible with the "icon" yum.

Can you tell a bit more about that icon?

What did it do? Yum in package "yum" is a command-line tool, and "dnf" is
very similar. Perhaps you refer to "yumex" instead? That's graphical
front-end for Yum.

> Anyway I can use yum and dnf as command line line tool, as I sometimes did in F21,
> but it's more uncomfortable work, compared  to F21 and to MS Windows.

If you still know how to use "yum", you can use it to search for package
tools other than gnome-software.