[Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Alpha Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Sat Mar 7 19:18:29 UTC 2015

On 08/03/15 08:10, Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 08/03/15 07:56, Joerg Lechner wrote:
>> I don't know how to express correctly in computer English. As I used
>> YUM previously from Fxx to F21,  for installation of YUM I went
>> to the software tool in Gnome, put into the search line "yum" and
>> then install. Afterwards there
>> was an icon "YUM" amongst all the other application icons, which are
>> displayed, when You hit the "Aktivitaeten"
>> Button (F22 German language version), and then the icon at the bottom
>> there. I could use this simple way to display the yum menue in the
>> window and in not
>> too complicated cases it was not neccessary to go via command line.
>> In F22 it is not possible even to find YUM in the Gnome Software
>> Tool, but there is Yum (or Yumex, I don't know the difference) as
>> command line tool.

aarghhh!  ignore the asterisks, if any show up.  I tried to format
things to highlight them, but I noticed when I looked at my posting on
the list that asterisks had been inserted.  It might be the case that
you don't see any asterisks! and that it is just my software...

Reread Joerg's posting, then noticed he obviously knew about running yum
from the command line - oh well!  However, I would still recommend him,
and others, to use the command line as it provides far better control
and superior diagnostics (especially when things go wrong)!

Cheers,
Gavin