Fwd: [Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Alpha Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 9 02:59:57 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-08 at 17:40 -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Ok, I just made on F21 2 screen shots to explain, what I am missing
> in F22. I
> myself read the
> manpages (yumex, dnf, or whatever I need), if it's neccessary
> to use the command line.
> But there are people, who decide, do I use linux or
> something else. And when linux is too
> complicated to apply, these, also young
> people, students, will decide not to use linux.
> That's the reason why I started
> this thread. I am not a linux expert, as most of the QA testers, but
> I think I
> have a good overview over different computer systems.

There's no significant difference in the behaviour of different
graphical software tools in F21 and F22.

GNOME Software was the default (and only installed) graphical software
manager in Fedora Workstation 21, and it's the same in Fedora
Workstation 22. Its design and behaviour hasn't changed in any notable
way.

yumex is a different graphical software manager. It is not installed
by default in Fedora Workstation - in 21 or 22. It *is* installed by
default in the Cinnamon, Xfce, LXDE, and MATE spins.

If you don't have it installed, you can install it with 'yum install
yumex' and find it in the overview after that.

As Michael said, yum per se provides no graphical application you
would find through the overview. I'm really pretty sure you must be
remembering yumex, nothing else seems to fit the bill.