Work around for EFI system partition corruption

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Mar 12 04:23:35 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-03-11 at 21:38 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> Low priority: I'm tempted to nominate this year old bug as a final
>> blocker under the data corruption provision. And I'm wondering what
>> people think of this.
>
> I would vote -1 on it.
>
>> The bug is an RFE so making it a blocker is, well, it's 50% RFE and
>> 50% data corruption bug, and is an odd duck way of getting it fixed
>> but there's no traction in a year, not even a comment.
>
> The release blocker system is for correctly identifying *release
> blocker* bugs, it's not a generic 'flag for attention' system.

Which is why I originally filed it as an RFE. But since then it's
become much more clearly a consistent corruption problem and as such
is sliding more toward design flaw then feature request. I mean, no
one ever says "hey feature request, let's not corrupt bootloader
partitions."

> That
> was what we had before with the FXXTarget bugs, but no-one ever really
> paid much attention to them.

Well the out in the data corruption criteria is "document it", so even
if it doesn't get fixed there's more awareness...

--
Chris Murphy