Fedora rawhide(f23) Cubox-i 4pro

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Mar 13 20:34:28 UTC 2015

On Friday, March 13, 2015 07:35:37 PM David Jones wrote:
> Cubox-i 4 pro
>
> Installed Fedora kernel 4.0.0-0.rc3.git1.1.fc23.armv7hl eth0 available
> but no connection.
>
>    As per http://rglinuxtech.com/?p=1338 modified
> linux/arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-imx6q.c on line 214
>    Making the modification suggested (in the above article) and
> recompiling the kernel eth0 successfully connects.

hrrm I hope they are sending that patch upstream.

<snip>

> The only problem I have noticed is the kernel list from extlinux.conf
> does not appear, but at least the system boots and after a kernel update
> the new kernel is selected for boot.
Solid Run's u-boot has not been submitted upstream, I am working on pulling
together patches to enable it in Fedora's u-boot. They do not have extlinux
support enabled in their u-boot. so you get the fallback of arm-boot-config
however it doesn't have support for the cubox-i. The best thing that Solid Run
could do would be to get their devices supported in the upstream projects.
hopefully soon I will have a working u-boot with extlinux support

Dennis