Btrfs related bugs, new proposal

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 26 23:32:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 15:35 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:

> Proposal is to submit them to FESCo to a.) acknowledge they're
> blockers;

I don't see any need for FESCo to do that. We have a process for
deciding whether bugs are blockers. If what you really want is a FESCo-
shaped stick to wave at developers, I'm not sure that's really going
to *help* anything.

>  b.) grant an exception for blocking Fedora 22 on the basis
> that they're not crazy showstoppers for many people yet; and c.)
> should be tagged as blockers for Fedora 23, and as such there are no
> excuses for them not getting fixed by then.

Again I don't see any reason to invoke FESCo to do any of that. If we
wanted to do that, it's perfectly fine to do so through the usual
blocker review processes and the teams involved, by policy, in those.