F22: nautilus will not allow desktop icons if using session type "Gnome on Wayland"

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sat Mar 28 08:40:18 UTC 2015

On 03/28/2015 09:14 AM, drago01 wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Joachim Backes
> <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

>>> Well, I mean, it means what it says. It can't display icons on
>>> Wayland. I'm not sure what else you're asking?
>>>

>> Is this a bug or a feature? Additionally, will this mean that nautilus will
>> be never running under wayland?
>
> Nautilus runs just fine under wayland.
> It does not support drawing the desktop yet though.

Hi drago01,

If I login on my F22 box to a gnome on wayland session, no nautilus is
running (maybe it crashed when loggin in), so no menu appears (for
example for "Open terminal") if clicking the right mouse button. So I
can't confirm that nautilus is running well :-(

If the trying to start nemo, then nemo dumps core:
Glib: ERROR:ghash.c:373:g_hash_table_lookup_node: assertion failed:
(hash_table->ref_count >0)
Aborted (core dumped)

Kind regards

Joachim Backes