F22/Beta/TC5 install problems (wont install from CD[1], and other problem[2])

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sun Mar 29 14:59:13 UTC 2015

[1]. I downloaded Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-22_Beta_TC5.iso and
burned it to a CD. Booting CD. The installer stops after some time and
does not proceed. The last output is:

------------------------- snip --------------------------------
Reached target basic system
blk_update request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 90521 (twice)
Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, Logical Block 113152, asynch page read
-------------------------- snap -----------------------------

Similar things happen if I try to install in VirtualBox.

Verifying the CD is OK.

[2]. Use the iso image as virtual CD in Virtualbox. Then the
installation starts properly, but always during pkg downloading, the VM
reboots suddenly (so I dont see any diagnostics).

Tried this multiple times, but always abrupt VM reboot.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes
--

Fedora release 22 (Twenty Two)