Impossible to unzip a .ZIP

Dorian Vegara dorian.vegara at gmail.com
Sat May 2 16:05:50 UTC 2015

Le 01/05/2015 21:18, Samuel Sieb a écrit :
> On 05/01/2015 07:46 AM, Dorian Vegara wrote:
>> I encountered this problem with another ZIP. Both were downloaded
>> properly, yes.
>>
> How do you expect anyone to verify the problem if you don't provide a
> link to the file?  Also, your report is very vague. You're using
> Gnome?  Which version?  You click on the file and nothing happens.
> Assuming that you're using Nautilus, a single click should highlight
> the file.  A double click should open the file in Archive Manager.
> Which was it? Nothing happens?  Does that mean Archive Manager didn't
> open, or didn't show anything. The same problem with Archive Mounter?
> That nothing happened?
>
> I have seen before that Archive Manager couldn't find any files in a
> zip file, but that file seems to be working now.

The files I downloaded are available here :
1. jsTree (a jQuery plug-in) :
https://github.com/vakata/jstree/zipball/3.1.0
2. KUB (a Minecraft-like) :
http://xenddorf.lescigales.org/kub/download/windowslinux/kubclient.zip

I use both GNOME and KDE, but I encounter this problem only when I use
the latter. I installed KDE Frameworks 5.9.0 and I use KDE Plasma 5.3.

So, under KDE :
1. If I do a single click (with KDE, the single clicks are enough to
open files, directories, etc.), nothing happens. I mean, nothing is
displayed.
2. Moreover, when I do a right click and then I click on "Open with
Archive Mounter", the same problem appears.
3. The single (or double) click highlights the file (it's normal).

I executed the command "top" before clicking on the ZIP file. Then I
clicked several times and, almost for each click, this process has been
created : Konsole output
gvfsd-archive

When I right click and then I click on "Open with Archive Mounter", this
process is really created for each click on the submenu ("Open with
Archive Mounter").

Best regards,
Dorian