Regarding QA:Testcase Asian Language Install

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 5 19:44:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 21:41 +0530, Ashutosh Bhakare wrote:
> hi All
>
> I have done QA-Testing using Asian Language - Marathi.
>
> 1) But Begin installation word is not changing to appropriate marathi
> word.
> 2) Fullname and username field is also not changing to appropriate
> marathi word.

Do you mean that they're not translated?

If so, a few notes:

Beta live images are known to be missing many translations. Use Final
TC1 to test live, but note it will often crash. Best thing to do is
use a non-live image for now, whether Beta or Final TC1.

Only translations that actually *exist* can be displayed. Not all
languages are 100% translated. You can look at Fedora's Zanata site to
see the status of translations:

https://fedora.zanata.org/

If we look at the F22 branch of the 'anaconda' project:

https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/anaconda/f22-branch

we can see that Marathi is shown as only 50.7% translated, so it's
expected that you won't see translations for all text.