dnf vs yum

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sun May 24 12:19:30 UTC 2015

On Sat, 23 May 2015, Russel Winder wrote:

> I switched from yum to dnf, and now have managed to stop typing yum :-)
>
> However, I have a collection of packages that are not upgrading, I
> assume due to dependencies not being satisfied. With Yum I could find
> out what the dependencies were, but I do not see a way of doing this
> with dnf. The dnf help is either not being helpful or I am just
> missing the relevant bit.

dnf update --best will give you some idea of what the the dependency
issues are. With my update to F22 the issues were plymouth packages where
the ISO image I used was ahead of the repos (but the packages were in
updates-testing) and an xorg package that had gone in F22 and needed to be
removed.

	Michael Young