testing dnf system-upgrade

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:33:21 UTC 2015

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 16:49:59 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Going to test dnf system-upgrade from F22 to F23 but was confronted with
> the message...
>
> Skipping packages with broken dependencies:
>
> And a list of packages from "fedora" and "updates" that were going to be
> skipped.  None of them seemed would break the upgrade but I decided to
> hold off and ask.

What answer do you hope for?
You've not shown the list of skipped packages.
You've not explained why you think they would not break the upgrade.
Afterall, DNF has found a reason why to skip them. Hiding that reason
is just not helpful.

> Is this expected at this point but will be ironed out by formal release
> time?

It would not surprise me, if there were typical upgrade path violations
between F22 and F23. Or simply unresolvable dependencies, which nobody
has noticed/fixed yet.