testing dnf system-upgrade

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Nov 2 23:49:27 UTC 2015

On 11/02/15 22:52, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> Going to test dnf system-upgrade from F22 to F23 but was confronted with
>> the message...
>>
>> Skipping packages with broken dependencies:
>>
>> And a list of packages from "fedora" and "updates" that were going to be
>> skipped.  None of them seemed would break the upgrade but I decided to
>> hold off and ask.
>>
>> Is this expected at this point but will be ironed out by formal release
>> time?
> What version of system-upgrade are you using? Please make sure you're running this one:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-e00b75e39f

OK....  That did improve things...    But one thing to note....

I updated dnf-plugin-system-upgrade from updates-testing but it did NOT pull-in
python2-dnf-plugin-system-upgrade.  Without pulling in python2-dnf-plugin-system-upgrade
the issues I had still remained.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.