Criteria / validation test proposal: Installer help screens

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 9 22:57:51 UTC 2015

> Hi folks! So as we noticed today, we have no test case / criterion to
> ensure the anaconda help actually works. (Note it was only introduced
> in Fedora 21 or 22). I have written a test case:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_help
>
> and I'm proposing we add a Final criterion:
>
> * Any element in the installer interface(s) which is clearly intended
> to display 'help' text must do so correctly when activated.
>
> We could also require that the intended 'Help' elements must be
> present, but that's a slightly tighter requirement - I'd ask for the
> anaconda team's opinion on whether we should do that or not. If we
> don't do that, then if by some chance the Help buttons were entirely
> *absent*, that would not be a blocker - only if buttons are present but
> don't work would it be a blocker.
>
> I'm proposing we add the criterion, and add the test case to the
> 'Miscellaneous' table of the Installation matrix.

As everyone seemed broadly in favour of this I'm putting it into
practice now, with a couple of tweaks - kparal's 'every screen you
visit' suggestion and a tweak to the test case wording which sgallagh
suggested on IRC. Thanks folks!

We'll try and get this into openQA, but it's actually slightly trickier
than you'd think, just because of boring details about how openQA
works.