No GUI on booting F23 sometimes - system gets stuck

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:44:58 UTC 2015

Hiya,

I've recently noticed that my system doesn't always get to GDM on
boot. I'm not sure what's causing it, but looking at the boot
messages, it seems to get stuck around something to do with "User id
42". I'm trying to get more info off journalctl but it doesn't have
any. Any suggestions?

Oh, booting into run level 3 and then running startx seems to work.

Happened with both an F22 upgraded to F23 and now a fresh F23 (I
thought maybe something had broken in the upgrade, but that doesn't
seem to be the case).

This is only happening on my dell laptop which I power off and reboot
frequently. The other machines seem to be fine, but I don't reboot
them often so I can't really be 100% sure about this.
--
Thanks,
Regards,