fedora 23 Shutdonw problem

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 9 17:44:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 11:28 +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 11:35 +0200, miguel wrote:
> > In gnome sessión when i shutdonw my system from power menú or from
> > root
> > terminal "halt" my system turn off the screen and never shutdown.
> > The
> > fan is always running and i have to unplug from the wall or turn of
> > from supply power.
> > But if I try to power off from gdm ( no login yet) always shutdown
> > corretly.
> > Sorry for my english.
> > I can't see nothing when I run "journalctl" about failiure.
>
> I've intermittently seen this too. Still trying to debug it.

It would be good to test the following systemd builds:

222-5
222-6
222-7

and see what happens - see if the bug clearly showed up in one of
those. 222-6 is when the famous 'kill everything on logout' commit was
reverted, and 222-7 has some more changes to logind that are intended
to solve the 'can't log in immediately after logging out' bug.