[Test-Announce] Fedora 23 Final Test Compose 10 (TC10) and Test Compose 11 (TC11) Available Now!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 16 16:21:04 UTC 2015

As scheduled [1], Fedora 23 Final Test Compose 10 (TC10) and TC11 are
now available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
testing!

As discussed at yesterday's blocker review meeting, we requested two
TCs at the same time because of the GNOME 3.18.1 mega-update. The two
TCs should be the same, except that 10 does not have the GNOME 3.18.1
mega-update, while 11 does. This way we can easily compare the two and
we'll know that any problems in TC11 that aren't in TC10 are down to
the 3.18.1 update, and we can back it out again if they're too bad.

Content information, including changes, can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6266#comment:9 . Please see
the following pages for download links and testing instructions.
Normally dl.fedoraproject.org should provide the fastest download, but
download-
ib01.fedoraproject.org is available as a mirror (with an approximately
1 hour lag) in case of trouble. To use it, just replace "dl" with
"download-ib01" in the download URL.

Installation:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test

Base:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test

Workstation and Desktop:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test

Server:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test

Cloud:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Summary

Note the links are to TC11. To see the TC10 pages, you can edit the
URLs you get after redirect and replace 'TC11' with 'TC10'. For now I'd
recommend testing TC11, and it'd be great if folks can run the
Workstation desktop validation tests on TC11; if those all go well, we
can say the GNOME mega-update is fine, and then we don't have to worry
about TC10 at all. If Workstation testing of TC11 throws up some
problems and we decide to back out of 3.18.1, I'll send out a mail
suggesting people switch focus to TC10.

All Alpha, Beta and Final priority test cases for each of these test
pages [2] must pass in order to meet the Final Release Criteria [3].

Help is available on #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net [4], or on the
test list [5].

Create Fedora 23 Final test compose (TC) and release candidate (RC)
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6266

Current Blocker and Freeze Exception bugs:
http://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/current
[1] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-23/f-23-quality-tasks.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_23_Final_Release_Criteria