Criteria / validation test proposal: Installer help screens

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 29 18:36:02 UTC 2015

Hi folks! So as we noticed today, we have no test case / criterion to
ensure the anaconda help actually works. (Note it was only introduced
in Fedora 21 or 22). I have written a test case:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_help

and I'm proposing we add a Final criterion:

* Any element in the installer interface(s) which is clearly intended
to display 'help' text must do so correctly when activated.

We could also require that the intended 'Help' elements must be
present, but that's a slightly tighter requirement - I'd ask for the
anaconda team's opinion on whether we should do that or not. If we
don't do that, then if by some chance the Help buttons were entirely
*absent*, that would not be a blocker - only if buttons are present but
don't work would it be a blocker.

I'm proposing we add the criterion, and add the test case to the
'Miscellaneous' table of the Installation matrix.