[Test-Announce] Fedora 23 Final Release Candidate 9 (RC9) Available Now!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 29 23:49:58 UTC 2015

> As a heads-up, it's possible we'll be doing an RC10 to try and fix
> the
> anaconda help issue. Work is ongoing on that.

So yep, this is happening: RC10 with a reverted yelp (to fix the
anaconda help issue) is spinning now. The idea is that we get RC9 and
RC10 both smoke tested, and go/no-go can choose to ship RC9 or RC10,
fudge the release-notes issue and ship RC6, or do something completely
different (like slipping again).

RC10 should land in ~3 hours (approximately), Dennis says he's tried to
set it up so it will just appear in stage/ when it's complete without
him having to do anything, so we'll keep an eye out. As with RC9, the
goal should be to do basic smoke tests - burn it to media (optical and
USB) and make sure everything works as expected. We should also check
Anaconda help works and also GNOME application help still works (I've
done this with a scratch image, but we should re-test with the real
thing when it's done).

Sigh, I love crunch week...