[Test-Announce] Fedora 23 Beta Test Compose 4 (TC4) Available Now!

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Tue Sep 8 17:18:59 UTC 2015

On 09/08/2015 12:48 AM, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> in addition to "root not possible to login" I saw the following:
> - download TC4 LiveCD Workstation
> - Fedora usb live creator (on Win8.1), normally successful production for F23
> - installation to external disk
> - during
> installation process there appeared a screen "You will not be able to boot", see screenshot attached
> - but the boot of F23 was successful. Worthwhile for a
> bug?

There are bugs filed for this already.  I think the English version of
that message is that you *might* not be able to boot.  However, the
problem is that there are multiple causes for that message.  I had this
happen installing F22 on several laptops recently.  The BIOS was still
able to find the installation (because of the installer's backup plan)
and Fedora apparently tries to fix its EFI entry when it's booted using
that backup method.