Call for testing: 32-bit AMD CPU owners

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Sep 16 19:17:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:08:15 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>If anyone reading this has an old 32-bit AMD system - the last range
>of 32-bit AMD CPUs was the Athlon XPs from early 2003, anything
>'Athlon 64' or later is 64-bit - and it's not too much trouble, could
>you please grab a 23 Beta RC1 32-bit image and try booting it? Here's
>how you can do it, assuming you want to write to a USB stick
>'/dev/sdc' (adjust for your USB stick's device node):

I have a dual MP system as my main desktop at home. I rebooted it a couple
of times this week with rawhide nodebug kernels (the base system is
rawhide) and haven't had a problem.

>wget https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/23_Alpha_RC1/Server/x86
>_64/iso/Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-23_Alpha.iso

Didn't you want i686 tested instead of X86_64 tested? Presumably you also
want beta rc1 tested rather than alpha rc1?

>su
>dd if=Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-23_Alpha.iso of=/dev/sdc

I'll try this tonight. I don't remember if it boots off of USB devices. If
not I'll burn a DVD and test that.