Firefox steals display -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 25 20:21:18 UTC 2015

On 09/25/15 15:58, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 09/25/2015 07:50 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> It still "steals" the Thunderbird screen. Very annoying to click on a
>> link and suddenly be confronted with a different screen. Does anyone
>> know what I can do to change this.
>>
> Did those changes work before?  I expect that's a function of the
> window manager, not firefox.  I use gnome shell and when I click on a
> link, it even switches desktops to the one where I keep the firefox
> windows.

Yes, there's also a box in XFCE settings that needs to be checked and I
always do that.

Again from my notes:

"To prevent Firefox from stealing Thunderbird focus when cllicking on a
link in an e-mail:

     XFCE Settings
     Window Manager Tweaks
     Focus
     Honor standard ICCCM focus hint     Leave this checked.
     Then check "Do nothing"

Stops Firefox from taking the Thunderbird window when a link is clicked on."

These settings usually work, changes I make routinely, and they work in F22.

I just thought I would mention it since it appears to be a new problem,

Thanks for responding,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA