[Fedora-trans-ar] Arabic Maintainer

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Thu Jul 1 11:42:33 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Khamees 13 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 03:51 am, Sherif Abdelgawad wrote:
> I guess after things are cleared now, it is
> time to get a maintainer. I am voting for
> Mr Munzir to take maintainer role for the
> arabic module as he is the one coordinating
> with his team, and I see no problem on that :)

It depends. Let's see...
Just now I read the message by Bernd Groh entitled "About the new Status
Pages". This message is very clear and to the point.

This message defined the maintainer as:
"A Maintainer is the person commited to providing a high-quality translation
of that module to the user-community. Yes, the maintainer is also the one who
takes the blame for a bad translation"

According to this definition, I have no choice but to take the maintainership
until I finished the translation and the QA/blame phase. After that I will
gladly handle the maintainership to someone else and make a party to get rid
of the ghost ;)

The dist.po file is at work. I will begin committing from Saturday. (thursday
and friday is off here).

> M. Deskoky, do you agree on that? If you do
> and Munzir agree I would appreciate if Sarah
> can make him the maintainer of the mailing
> list and the modules :)

Regarding the mailing list, I am not sure whether this is related or what
responsibilities it carries. I feel it need 24/7 work in front of a PC ;)

Finally, I am sure that the good guys here have contributed to Fedora and
Linux much more than me and just it happend by chance that I have a team
under my hands these days and I am trying to make use of this oppertunity as
much as possible.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA