[Fedora-trans-ar] anaconda/ar in QA

Basem Narmok narm at go.com.jo
Sun Jul 18 05:40:15 UTC 2004

Munzir Taha wrote:

>Salaam Basem,

Wa Salam :)

>I will keep up with you on this part for now, Since its my job to revise the translation and give my opinion, I hope you will bear with me and won't hate me ;). What I am saying is what I _think_ is a better translation and you can discuss it.

I will be happy working with you, our goal to achieve is better Arabic
translation and this needs a team work ;)

>* In kbabel you haven't changed the default "Language-Team:  <en at li.org>\n"

ok fixed ...

>* Your email also need to be changed "Last-Translator: Basem Narmok <narm at localhost.localdomain>\n"

ok fixed ...

>* msgstr "تأكّد من أن طول كلمة السّرّ لا يقل عنّ 6 أحرف."- There is no shadda on عن. On the contrary you removed the shadda from التّثبيت in another msgstr which has a shadda to indicate the silency of the lam.

I prefer to remove all "shaddat" and just use it when the presence of
shada gives the required meaning, what do you say about this rule "Use
shada only when it helps to give the wanted meaning"?

>* "No mouse was detected.  A mouse is required for graphical installation.  "msgstr "لم يتم العثور على ماوس. ...."- Better لم يتم الكشف عن الفأرة

with ya, this is a common translation we need to agree about

>* msgid "Could not allocate cylinder-based partitions as primary partitions"msgstr "لم يمكن تعيين التّجزيءات المبنيّة على الاسطوانات كتجزيءات أوّليّة"- Better تعذّر تخصيص التقسيمات المستندة على الأسطوانات كتقسيمات أساسيّة- There are many msgstr that contain the word 'partition' translated as تجزئ which need to be changed. It's odd sounding and not correct at all.

with ya 100%

>* Previously it's  "رجاء أزل أي أقراص مرنة من السّوّاقة،- you changed it to رجاء ازل removing the hamza which is not correct. This verb is based on 4 letters so the hamza should be there. You also did the same thing in إلغاء and أنشئ and ... so you need to revise your knowledge regarding this rule.

are you sure, Ok, we will talk about this soon ...

>* msgid "Bad argument to HD kickstart method command %s: %s"  msgstr "مُعطى الأمر  لطريقة القرص الصّلب kickstart لا يصلح %s: %s"- It should bemsgstr "وسيطة غير صالحة لطريقة القرص الصّلب kickstart %s: %s"
>I will stop here. These are just examples of many similarities ;)

really I didn't finish my review for anaconda translation due to
problems in connection ...

>Generally your translation and changes are nice and reflect your good language abilities. I am  not going to accept the file since I am afraid you can't change those type of things once accepted. So, please go correct them all and other similar issues and commit it again. Please, keep up the good work on QA.
>A note: If any one find that such comments are discouraging or hindering the work please tell me and I will save my time ;)

No problemo ... keep it up

Salam
Basem Narmok