[Fedora-trans-ar] QA Start

maha helwa mahahelwa at gmx.net
Tue Sep 7 20:58:48 UTC 2004

Hello All,

1. Categorizing PO Files:
Well i want to say before we start to taking files one by one and start
reviewing..
Someone classify the PO files into categories so we can while we reviewing
concentrate on certain Terms regards specific topic..

installation stuffs(booting..kickstart..) or security stuffs or web stuffs..
am not sure if this applicable or not..

2. Terminologies/Phrases:
such deamon..logins.. user home directory..scripts.. ssh..ftp..http..cgi..
 How to shape-up its translation in a final phrase..
i don't know whether we should consider it like product names or not, but i
guess it should be attached with more describtive text.

also.. something like this phrase: "Allow sysadm_t to do almost everything"
 The same thing the word 'sysadm_t' i don't know whether it's a service or a
deamon or whatever kind of process it is.. but i think it should be attached
with text defines what sysadm_t is?!
 Note regarding this specific sentence:
 'almost do everything'..i don't know when/where this string prompts.. but i
guess it shouldn't be translated into such way like
this'يمكنه
القيام بكل
شىء'.. we have to take care of the Meaning of such
strings..

i want to ask.. how can i test these po files on fedora and see arabic
supported.. i didn't install fedora but i just want to know how.

3.Translation Conflicts:
last thing i guess.. We have to settle a way between us whenever a conflict
occurs in our translation..
we are not a big team..just 6 active members, and voting won't be a good
solution in our case.. i guess!!

for example: the word 'directory'..i would prefer
'مجلد' better than 'دليل'.
because 'مجلد' have the meaning of being a
container.. holds files inside it.. but 'دليل' give
me the meaning of being a guider or guided to something.. like telephone
directory or whatever..

Maybe am wrong maybe am right.. but there is a conflict(little one) and we
should settle a way to solve such a conflict whenever it occurs.. something
other than voting because we are only 6 no more(hope we get bigger).. and we
all follow such way.. or is somebody here have the rights of Veto :)

BTW, What's .pot files  you'v been talking about!! :))

Maha.

--
Curiosity killed the CAT :)

NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail