[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Trademarks & Translations.. How about service, servers, deamons and realms' names...

sabdelg at redhat.com sabdelg at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 17:18:30 UTC 2005

Quoting Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa>:

> AFAIK Realm is a group of kerberos servers here; a kingdom of these servers.
> Do you think there is something wrong to say
> مملكة kerberos؟
>
> ألسنا نقول مملكة النحل؟
>
>> I would try زمام or إطار. Any other suggestions ?
>
> I don't think this convey the intended meaning but I am be wrong.

Realm is not a kingdowm per se.

Realm: A community or territory over which a sovereign rules
       or
        A field, sphere, or province: the realm of science

Hence, it is "mamlakah". Kerberos uses this word to say all
these servers that are in my realm are managed by me. So
it is basically a world that tells that all these computers
are belongs to zemam el authentication el khass be KRB el folany.

Usually the realm is a domain. Like for example my pc belongs to
REDHAT.COM realm. I think it would not be appropriate to say
I belong to mamlaket REDHAT.COM.

Sherif