[Fedora-trans-ar] Translation QA

sabdelg at redhat.com sabdelg at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 16:57:04 UTC 2005

I have sometime this week to put in this.

Maha , you have the Java thing to do. I would say your task
of getting this is really much more important than QA.

I have CVS access, and I have time. I will go through the
files one by one, and commit changes when needed and agreed
on.  I will post changes to list.

So Here is the game plan:

- Maha .. Try to get the JAVA interface for translation as
  soon as you can. This will help me as well when I am
  at work, so I can just do some translation on the web
  faster, and can be proactive. So it is really important
  to have.

- Sherif .. I will start reviewing the translation and
  commit changes when needed.

- Anyone else .. Who wants to join us in this ? I can assigen
  files to you to review. I will push for timelines and proactive
  work. So I hope you guys here want to do something and welling
  to put sometime.

I know that translation is boring, and sometimes we just cannot
do it. But what I saw from some enterprise customers in Middle
East that they started to use our translation, made me proude
that I am part of this. So feel so, and try to provide better
translation.

If it makes you feel better, there are well known oragnizations
that are using arabic now with Fedora/Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Compalins about proper translation and poor translation sometimes
is more related to other applications translations like GNOME/KDE.
I heard that specifically and they have been asking for proper
translation.

I think our translation is going in right direction , so let us
set the right example of how things should be and let us be
proude of what we do.

Waiting for everyone to speak up and say what he/she wants to do
and how to participate. We have Web CVS now, so you can easily
view the translation on your web browser. Do so when you have time
and post your comments here, and leave the rest for us!

Thanks

Sherif