[Fedora-trans-ar] .PO &.txt?.. what makes PO Very Special!!

Maha Helwa ms.helwa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:21:59 UTC 2005

Okay..Ghoniem... I want thinking in 2 ways that the output could:
 1. A List of objects of type..let's say localizedString class, this class
has 3 members variables:
 - originalString of type String.
 - translatedString of type String.
 - stringOrder of type int; which indicates the string order at certain PO
file; forth string or string number 44, string number 53,.. whatever.. it's
a number will help us when we need to updatePO file again.
 Or the section option..
2. A text file named by module's name, and containing 3 column separated by
tab, these 3 columns are the same member variable.. i mean..
string order original Untranslated String arabized translation
 for example that text file would be something like that:
55 samba خادم سامبا
56 Domain نطاق
57 Share مشاركة
 With this option we can insert the data into db table using "LOAD DATA"
statement instead of looping on each string and use "Insert" statement..
 Anyway..which option you prefer ghoniem..or you have another approach?!
You can start by making a class that deals only with utf-8 files.. got
methods like reading from utf-8 file..write into utf-8 file.. read file
header.. and try to read a single entry; msgid and msgstr, flags fuzzness of
this string..
BTW... thanks sherif for the url .. that's exactly what am looking for.. PO
Formatting..
 THat's it for now..
Maha.
  So.. let's start..:))