[Fedora-trans-ar] Just In Case you are interested why I am not using Fedora intensively!

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Thu Jun 9 12:52:29 UTC 2005

في يوم الخميس 02 جمادى الأوّل 1426 11:20, كتب Maha Helwa:
> On 6/9/05, Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa> wrote:
> > Salam all,
> >
> > Just in case you wonder why I did most of my Qt testing and posting using
> > Mandrake instead of Fedora, I would like to clarify that this has nothing
> > to do with which distro I prefer but mainly because I've lost my Fedora
> > DVD. However, I am very eagerly looking forward to FC4 that is Delayed to
> > 13th of June. Definitely, it's going to be my main distro, especially
> > with the integrated SElinux and Xen virtualization ;)
>
> Didn't know Munzir, but i think u shouldn't do QT on different
> distribution other than the one that's going to be release.. i mean
> Fedora itself..which version.. don't know but i think the one is going
> to be next..
> Or are you do QT on something common API.. core kernel.. what they called
> :) Anyway just asking..

I appreciate your advice and care and yes you are right I am doing Qt on some
common libraries. For example Qt needs freetype to support font metrics,
outlines,... so the only important point here is to test with the latest libs
and that's all. The QT testing I am doing would equally positively affect all
distros alike whatever their version is. You should notice it in FC5
inshallah with the KDE4

> I can't image running Windows & linux simultaneously ?! is it going to
> be As if you running linux as a host on windows without using tools
> like VMware..switching between them using "alt+ctrl".

To make things simple let's say Xen is an Open-Source VMware. It has a
limitation since you need to hand-made the other OS ;) but you gain better
performance. I am just mentioning this out of my head so sorry if this is not
very accurate but it won't be too far!

When I have a copy I would try to find a rich friend with the latest
processors to figure out what Intel's Vanderpool means and how AMD built-in
virtualization related ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available