[Fedora-trans-ar] Do we have any Web Developers within?

Mohammad Ghoniem Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Fri Sep 9 09:10:47 UTC 2005

Maha Helwa wrote:

> Ghoniem.. something u mention.. am not sure what exactly u meant by..
> the header is kept a header aaah.. the header if it's a user comment
> it' would be stored into the transaction table.. but the header of the
> file i don't thing there is a need to store it into db.

Actually, if you open any PO file you have, you will notice that it
begins with :
1- comment lines holding info like the translator list, the filename etc.
2- an empty msgid string
3- a non empty msgstr with more info about the file (like character
encoding and the application used to generate it such as kbabel or
whatever info)

The association (comments, msgid, msgstr) is no less than a PO message.
Therefore, PO format stores the file info in a regular PO message. There
is no need to model this differently, parser wise.I don't believe the
treatment of header data should be different in the database either. But
we can decide to do that otherwise if we have a valid reason.

>  Ghoniem am sorry didn't try the code yet.. give me sometime and i'll
> tell u my feedback..

Don't worry. ;)

> currently am trying to make a very simple framework so we can change
> the pieces after that..

Besides the parser, is there anything I can do to be of help ?

> sorry ppl am not in a good shape these days :)

Take care, there is no rush !

Salâm

Mohammad