[Fedora-trans-ar] foss.org.sa a work in progress ....

Sherif AbdElGawad sherif at redhat.com
Sun Jul 23 12:56:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 00:28 +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> Salaamu alaikum,
> One of the reasons I am very busy the previous period is to help with a
> promising project initiated by KACST (King Abdulaziz City for Science and
> Technology) that adds to our Arabization efforts. The project intention is to
> help in development and translation of FOSS. They are looking forward to
> cooperate with the Fedora arabization project as a priority and a start. It's
> also important to note that the discussions of Fedora translation and issues
> would be on this mailing list to keep things relevant.

It will help the Arabic Fedora team to cooperate and work with KACST in
order to achieve better translation and Arabic support overall.

Can we talk a little bit about how we are intending to work? Also I
would like to get better understanding about the Fedora Arabization
project and plans moving forward from KACST team.

> We have put the anaconda file on the translation sub project on
> translate.foss.org.sa (رابط الترجمة الفورية في الصفحة الرئيسية) It's just one
> file now to test the system. I would also be busy the coming days helping the
> friedel, pootle main developer, in rtl issues so pootle would fully support
> Arabic interface. Expect it very soon ...

Pootle is good tool and if it meets our need I would say let's use it.
However I would like to make sure that things will be sync'd
periodically. What will be the goal of the translate.foss.org.sa ? How
we can integrate or add on if needed ? who administrate the site ?

> I would also appreciate it if you took a look at
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/translation/arabic_plurals
> and commented whether you agree on those rules. A step towards a better
> translation.

This looks good .. Can we also contribute same thing or maintain
something on the RH Fedora project page , or maybe just link ?

> I am looking forward to hear your advice. The site has almost no valuable
> content yet since we haven't started any projects yet so bear with us and
> things would improve gradually.

Great start, keep up the good work :)

Sherif