[Fedora-trans-ar] Lanching website in Arabic for fedora users

Munzir Taha ( منذر طه ) munzirtaha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:30:58 UTC 2010

On Yaum al-Ahad 12 Ramadan 1431 10:56:00 pm Ahmed Mohamed Araby wrote:

> Well I'm member in translation team, That's right
> But I'm also Fedora Ambassador and That website is one of my
> responsibilities

Then go for it. We are not here to stop you from any fancy idea you want.

> I think in it this way "What's the benefit of translating
> things if there's no one to use it"

There are lots of people who _are_ using the translation of Fedora whether
they know about the site you are going to launch or not. So, your vision is
some one downloaded Fedora and fond the dialog boxes and docs not translated
to Arabic, he would go to your site to find what?

> This also doesn't mean that I'll leave
> translation
>
> And linuxac is forum, place people can ask for something to take not to
> give, I'm trying my best in helping even I moderate their IRC channel and
> help in solving problems from time to time.

Definitely, you can give there and you can also put the docs you want in
ojuba.org. At least as a starting point and consider it testing the water.

> Who knows maybe this site will bring more contributors :)

May be.

--
Munzir Taha
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI, SCSA