[Fedora-trans-ar] A request to register on fedora.transifex.net

Munzir Taha ( منذر طه ) munzirtaha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:40:41 UTC 2011

Salaam dears,

Fedora is moving its translation to a new system. Dimitris send a message and
here is a summary that's important to you:

We are migrating our Transifex services to the upstream server of
www.transifex.net. The old server (translate.fp.org) will stop
accepting translations on 18-Feb-11. We are already in string-freeze
period, so in order to contribute translations to Fedora 15, please
follow the steps below.

*  Please, join the new team and register on
   fedora.transifex.net. You should navigate to your team page and click the
   "Request to join this team!" button.

   On Friday, Feb 18 we will disable translation submissions on translate.fpo
   and enable them on transifex.net. All translations should happen from now
   on transifex.net.

* Viewing Translation completion statistics for Fedora Releases.

   Fedora translations happen on this page:
   http://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/

   In the latest release (Fedora 15) you'll see a list of languages. Clicking
   on your language will show your language statistics.  We (the Fedora L10n
   gardeners) will soon create more Fedora minor releases, such as "Fedora 15
   Docs" etc.

* Start translating on Transifex.net.

   - Click on the statistics bar to get a popup with information about the
     translation of this file/resource.
   - Team members will see a "Translate Now!" button which will open up the
     online translation editor.
   - When translating online, the resource is auto-locked by you and other
     people will be warned that you are working on it. You can also manually
     lock the file to translate offline.
   - Make sure you keep regular backups of files, since translations are not
     stored regularly in VCS any more. You may use the handy command-line
     client for this.

Happy translating!

-d

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Teams

--
Dimitris Glezos

Munzir Taha
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI, SCSA
Riyadh, SA