[Fedora-trans-fr] Need French-to-English translators

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 26 14:16:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Anuj More <anujmorex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I stumbled upon this[1] link posted on Ambassadors list today. It is
> about an amazing (French) magazine that is brought out by our friends
> at Fedora (France) and aims to be open to beginners, while keeping a
> feet into technical issues at the same time.
>
> It would be really great if we manage to translate it to English and
> distribute it. Considering PCLinuxOS comes out with such magazine
> every month, this place could be a nice start to a Fedora-related
> (monthly?) magazine.
>
> To start off, we need to organize a team of people who translate each
> article, which has appeared in the current version of Muffin (Muffin
> 3). You can catch up with `execat' (me) or `slobberbone' or `braoru'
> on #fedora-muffin on Freenode to know more.
>
> The project is hosted on Gitorious[3] and has some really awesome
> contributors (One even has the username `Pikachu'). Translating it to
> english is the least we could do to make the fullest out of the
> efforts that have went into this magazine.
>
> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-May/017591.html
> [2] http://melmorabity.fedorapeople.org/muffin/muffin3/Muffin_num%C3%A9ro_3.pdf
> [WARNING: PDF. 35MB]
> [3] https://gitorious.org/muffin
>
> Notes:
> This is not similar to FWN, in a way that this magazine has articles
> on `how' to get things done rather than `what is happening' in
> Fedoraproject.org.
> --
> Anuj
> Daily blog: http://hashfml.blogspot.com
> Visit: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Anujmore
>
> Promoting: (pro-GNU/Linux)
> http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm (GNU/Linux's not Windows)
> --

I would be glad to help you translating, but I am afraid that I have
not so much free time.
We can do it faster if we manage to get enough people.

Our magazine (Muffin) has no frequent release date but we hope the
next one to be written for the next Fedora release. (Our langage D
articles are already written, not all published) Now that we have our
great LaTeX class, that would be faster.

Cheers !

--
Kévin Raymond
User:shaiton