[Fedora-trans-it] Translations problems

ZIGLIO Frediano Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Tue Dec 16 09:12:43 UTC 2003

Hi all!
I just installed Fedora Core 1 and I noted some issues related to
translation. However I didn't open bugs on bugzilla cause I would open a
broad of small bug. Perhaps a better way should be do some small patches
or whatever... What do you think?
Some examples
- during installer (anaconda) firewall part is in english
- during installer (anaconda) last screen is in english
- in Epifhany sans-serif is translated in 'senza grazie'.. not that
cool...
- in up2date it say ".. premi 'NEXT' .." while buttons are "Annulla" and
"Avanti"

I'm a developer so it's should be quite easy for me to write a patch
however IMHO it would be good if a simple tools (read user-friendly) can
propose a translations. For example, I find application X that is not
well translated. I just open this translation tool, select application
X, search for bad translated string, try to translate in a better way
than post the translation. Tool should collect information and then when
the user wants it send all translations to a server. Server register
required change and do some statistics that developer can accept or just
analize (for example to find that application X has a lot of proposed
translation compared to application Y).

freddy77