Guides on Chinese input methods

Daniel S.K. Yek 叶盛刚 danieyek at alumni.washington.edu
Sat Aug 14 08:05:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

I wonder if there is a guide or document that illustrate how to input
Chinese Characters. I'm using pinyin input method right now, but I am
wasting a lot of time on "difficult" characters (probably because I
learned 注音, but not Pinyin). I want to spend more time learning some
methods well so that I won't spend hours just to type up a few
paragraphs. When I manage to input a difficult character after paging
through a long list of characters, the software on FC2 doesn't even have
a feature to let me learn the exact sequence I need to key in the same
character in the future.

I think it would help if Chinese input methods are bundled with Chinese
Input Sequence Character Map, which is similar to Root
Menu/Accessories/Character Map with sequences of alphabets listed to key
in the corresponding characters. Is that a good idea as a new project?
Or do I need something else to help with my current handicap?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Yek.

Democracy and Progress:
>From freedom and science came rapid growth and change.
>From rapid growth and change came insecurity.
>From insecurity came demands which ended growth.
Ending growth and change ended science and freedom.
-- David McCord Wright.