Fwd: Installation Guide and Installation Quick Start Guide ready for translation

Christopher Meng cickumqt在gmail.com
星期五 二月 1 04:38:39 UTC 2013

---------- 转发的消息 ----------
发件人:"Jack Reed" <jreed在redhat.com>
日期:2013-2-1 PM12:30
主题:Installation Guide and Installation Quick Start Guide ready for
translation
收件人:"Fedora Translation Project List" <trans在lists.fedoraproject.org>
抄送:

Hi everyone,

The Installation Guide and Installation Quick Start Guide are now ready for
translation for Fedora 18.

The twist - and the reason for the regrettable delay in making the
translation files available - is that for this release the two guides have
been consolidated into one Zanata project. This is because the Installation
Quick Start Guide is mostly a heavily abbreviated version of the
Installation Guide, with only a small amount of original content. So to
save you translating the same strings twice in different projects, I've
combined them into one git repo and therefore one translation project.

The f18 Zanata project contains all transferable po files from the f17
translations of *both* guides, so your work can simply continue from there.
However, the content for the F18 Quick Start Guide is almost completely new
due to the redesign of the installer for this release. Nonetheless, I have
preserved po files unique to the Quick Start Guide that do not need to be
updated for F18, so those select strings will not need to be translated
again.

The only quirk is that the files required to generate the Quick Start Guide
cannot be marked as such within the Zanata project. Ideally, these files
should be translated first so the Quick Start Guide can be released at the
earliest opportunity.

So I've created a wiki page that lists these files:
https://fedoraproject.org/**wiki/Installation_Quick_Start_**Guide_files<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Installation_Quick_Start_Guide_files>

The link to the Zanata project can be found there too. (The entries for the
guides in the Docs Project guides table [1] now link to this page instead
of straight to the Zanata project.)

If you could work from this list and then let me, trans-list, or docs-list
know when these files are translated, it would be much appreciated. I can
then publish the Quick Start Guide in your language. If you choose to
proceed with the remaining files, you will effectively then be translating
the Installation Guide.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this consolidation makes the
installation guides a slightly less daunting translation prospect. :)

And thank you for your continuing hard work and dedication in broadening
the reach of these resources, which will likely be in even more demand due
to the redesigned installer.

All the best,

Jack

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/**wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table>