Console Fonts

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fed19 at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 1 03:09:43 UTC 2004

Aman ALAM wrote:

> Hello
>
> Any body tell me something about console fonts. What they are ? how
> they can generate
> How we can able to work with them. For Indian Language, Is there any
> availble
> console fonts.
>

> ASA

Hello Asa,

Console fonts are in Linux the fonts that your are not using in XFree86
but in shell-command mode, in Microsoft this is called DOS mode. I can
see all the fonts that are available in the free Gnu Linux Fedora 1.91
kernel, that is an impressive list, so for Indian language it will not
be an Indian Summer ;-) How the situation is for Microsoft, pleask ask
others.

--
Vink