if your language is not included in anaconda installer...

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fed19 at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 2 12:54:20 UTC 2004

Josep Puigdemont wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 00:52, Amanpreet Singh Alam wrote:
>

>>What are essential pacakage
>>
>>We complete about 40% line and complete all lines
>>Ananconda mail file about 87% complete. Are we able to add our language
>>Punjabi to Installtion.
>>What main file we need to complete first
>>

>In this mail:
>http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2004-January/msg00011.html
>Sarah Wang proposed 90% for:
>
>anaconda/anaconda-online-help
>anaconda/anaconda-po
>comps
>firstboot
>rhgb
>redhat-config-packages
>redhat-artwork
>redhat-menus
>
>But anaconda-po is the part that accounts for most of the strings iirc.
>
>That's in order to have your language supported (included) during the
>installation process.
>
>You can see the status of your language in
>http://carolina.mff.cuni.cz/~trmac/fedora-i18n.html
>Look the last row at the bottom (labeled "Essential") for your
>language's column.
>
>/Josep
>

>--

It might be good to keep our eyes on Fedora Core 1 instead of RedHat,
already Fedora is so much ahead in these things, if you have troubles to
maintain, update, with yum and downloading iso's from mirrors in your
neighorbood, I might give you a hand as being more a systems programmer
than a linguist.

sincerly,

--
Vink