FAQ is online

Sarah Wang sarahs at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 02:29:25 UTC 2004

One example :)

pt and pt_BR.

Both are Portuguese but one is Portugal Portuguese, the other is
Brazilian Portuguese. The locale is made of language and region, not
just language. As the fedora translation community grows, I imagine
people would like to see localisation occur in a more defined way, hence
I used "locale" instead of "language". The locale without the region
code is the default locale for that language.

Sarah