Arabic Translation - 100% Translated

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Mon Dec 6 09:49:45 UTC 2004

On Yau al-Thulatha 22 Rajab 1425 1:05 am, Sarah Wang wrote:
> Excellent work :)
>
> How come you have got 5 extra strings than others? Perhaps some files
> are not quite in sync with the master pot file...
>
> Here comes the question:: Should each language maintainer to ensure
> their po files are consistent with the pot file, or should it be the
> package maintainer's responsibilities?
>
> Personally I prefer the former, since it will create less file conflict
> situations and give the language maintainer more control. Opinions
> anyone?

I remember this discussion goes towards running msgmerge with the
original .pot automatically as a pre_commit requirement or somthing similar.
Actually, I forgot this issue and now noticed again that:

Arabic has a total of 11407 words
English-GB has a total of 11373 words
Welsh has a total of 11403 words

If all the .pot files on one directory, I can go msgmerge them manually but
this would be a rather tedious process to make for each file.

A prerequirement to scripting this process would be to make the po files
consistent on their folders. The situation now is that you find some of the
po files in a folder called po (like autorun/po/ar.po) whereas others on the
same directory as the pot (like up2date/ar.po) and yet other files
distributed between both like (system-config-lvm/po/ar.po and
system-config-lvm/bg.po). Any reason for this?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA