Some questions...

Metin Amiroff gnome at azitt.com
Fri Feb 27 10:51:42 UTC 2004

Hi translators and coordinators!

I have some questions related with fedora-i18n...

1. I was wondering if there was any way to get only
pot files for translating because doing  cvs -z9 co translate
takes too long with dial up connection.

2. Is there any plan to build status pages like Gnome
and KDE communities have? I know about
http://elvis.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status but
I am looking for the thing where we could download
po/pot files from the web.

3. Do we have an "add" permission with our cvs account?
I mean how do we add our very first translations?
I know that we can commit but not sure about adding.
Should we send them to Sarah Wang or other coordinator?

4. I am quoting:

from Hariraam Aathreya:
>The other requirement to be included in the
> distribution, I believe, is a proper GPL'ed font.

Is this correct? Which types of fonts are required?
Being an Azeri developer I can tell that our latin based
alphabet is supported by many commercial fonts
(MS fonts also) but the only TTF alternative in Open
Source world is "Mandrake Teams". Though other
font types are not a problem and all of them support
Azeri latin.

So, what are the real conditions to get into
release? Is there any documentation related this?

Thanks for your time.

--Metin Amiroff