[Fedora-trans-list] Including Bangla OT Fonts.

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 18 17:07:54 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 17:32, Jamil Ahmed wrote:
> We are working on Bengali translation.
>
> Here is the current status,
> http://carolina.mff.cuni.cz/~trmac/fedora-i18n/bn.html
>
> But, Unfortunately no Bangla OTF was included with RH/Fedora distro.
> Last time we gave a details on the Font issue to "Owen Taylor"
> <otaylor at redhat.com>, Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:34 PM
> But didn't get any response from him. From then, we are slow in translating.
>
> Without the fonts - isn't it meaningless to have these translated ? :-|

No, it is not meaningless. There are other languages as well that have
similar problems with the inclusion of fonts. Some of those languages
have translations since '98... :'(

As far as I know, Owen is not the person to talk about inclusion of
fonts in Fedora. I believe you simply did not get the right person in
the first place.

To disseminate your font properly, talk to the xfree86.org "fonts"
mailing list (www.xfree86.org) to have it included in XFree86.
Have a strong case about the licensing of your font(s).

How about including your font in an existing font? Search for "freefont"
on gnu.org.

Now go back and continue localising.

simos