CVS question, concurrent translations

Rodolfo M. Raya rodolfo at heartsome.net
Tue Jul 27 11:51:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 08:20, Томислав Марковски wrote:
> >Step 4 is the one you didn't do.
> >

> How do you merge?

I use Eclipse for all CVS access. When a conflict is found, I open the
file in a compare editor and copy the relevant changes from CVS to the
local version. Once everything is cleared, I mark the file as merged and
then commit.

If you are not working within a comfortable graphical tool, you can
verify if there are conflicts using "cvs -n" option before committing.
In case of conflicts, you can use "cvs rdiff" and "cvs diff" to compare
your local copy against the one in the repository.

If you detect a conflict, you can checkout the offending module from CVS
and do a split diff with VIM. It will highlight the differences and will
help you detect what needs review.

Anyway, it's a lot easier to use a graphical tool.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rodolfo at heartsome.net>