Volodymyr M. Lisivka
lvm at mystery.lviv.net
Wed Jun 2 15:46:28 UTC 2004
Sarah Wang wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm in the process of compiling a Fedora Translation Project FAQ. All
> suggestions and contributions welcome!
Can you add few words about
- "prioritizing messages" using builtin gettext functions (or
- using LANG and LC_MESSAGES environment variables to change language
of the program;
- using locale, localedef commands to verify existing locale or define
- using msmerge, msgcat utils to share translations;
- validation of the translation file (comment at top of file, file
header, msgfmt -c -v -o /dev/null filename.po, ispell, etc.);
- utilities for translators (KBabel, gTranslator, poEdit, po-mode.el
for Emacs, maybe some web-utils).
(I just looked at TOC of my article in Ukrainan language).
More information about the trans