Annoucement: New translation status page is installed

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 13:26:39 UTC 2004

Wow .. where did I miss all of that ! Where all that came from?
I did not know that there was someone active is translating that
module into arabic. Simply I wanted to contribute. I just wanted
to get it done.

Youcef, you could have simply sent me email and I would released
that for you. I am not sure that what you are doing here is
right. Claiming control and asking for kicking anyone else
out isn't acceptable.

Regardless of the my concerns on the translation already made,
I want to make this clear as Bernd cleared it. No one has the
right for more traslantion than others or demand to have
the trasnaltion done his way. I do have concerns about
the current translation, but I always belived something is
better than nothing. My attempt to help as I am arabic
speaking person is my right.

With all my respect to you, I am surprised to the approach.
Simple email reaquesting relase would have done it.

I am not sure what QA and keeping things organized on
any other site? I thought the system already in place
is the one the community should share and use to reach
what they want. So I am sorry your claims I can not
understand. So you have no problem for me to translate
but I have to join you guys @ arabeyes otherwise I should
keep my hands off because it is yours? I just can not
understand it.

I will release this module and you are more than welcome
to finish it.

As for your request to maintain all the arabic translation,
and as rules stated by Bernd, I myself object for someone
to control all the translation.

Thanks

Sherif