Annoucement: New translation status page is installed

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 13:39:30 UTC 2004

Youcef,

I have just released the module for you. Enjoy translation.

Thanks

Sherif

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Sherif Abdelgawad wrote:

> Wow .. where did I miss all of that ! Where all that came from?
> I did not know that there was someone active is translating that
> module into arabic. Simply I wanted to contribute. I just wanted
> to get it done.
>
> Youcef, you could have simply sent me email and I would released
> that for you. I am not sure that what you are doing here is
> right. Claiming control and asking for kicking anyone else
> out isn't acceptable.
>
> Regardless of the my concerns on the translation already made,
> I want to make this clear as Bernd cleared it. No one has the
> right for more traslantion than others or demand to have
> the trasnaltion done his way. I do have concerns about
> the current translation, but I always belived something is
> better than nothing. My attempt to help as I am arabic
> speaking person is my right.
>
> With all my respect to you, I am surprised to the approach.
> Simple email reaquesting relase would have done it.
>
> I am not sure what QA and keeping things organized on
> any other site? I thought the system already in place
> is the one the community should share and use to reach
> what they want. So I am sorry your claims I can not
> understand. So you have no problem for me to translate
> but I have to join you guys @ arabeyes otherwise I should
> keep my hands off because it is yours? I just can not
> understand it.
>
> I will release this module and you are more than welcome
> to finish it.
>
> As for your request to maintain all the arabic translation,
> and as rules stated by Bernd, I myself object for someone
> to control all the translation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sherif

Thanks

Sherif R. Abdelgawad          Phone: +1-919-754-3700 x44315
Red Hat Certified Engineer    Cell:  +1-703-628-0637
Sr. Consulting Engineer       Global Professional Service
Red Hat, Inc.                 http://www.redhat.com/services
Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Knowledge
is limited.  Imagination encircles the world.
"Albert Einstein"